Bruxism is the process of grinding your teeth, often unconsciously. At times those who suffer from bruxism will clench their teeth together during the daytime, often unconsciously, or clench and grind them at night while they sleep. In most cases, bruxism may not require treatment, unless other symptoms have presented themselves. If you experience jaw pain or headaches, treatment may be warranted.
Here are some common symptoms of bruxism:
– Grinding or clenching your teeth loudly while you sleep could be a sign of bruxism.
– Teeth that are heavily worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– Tooth enamel that has been worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– An increase in tooth sensitivity could be a sign of bruxism.
– Jaw pain, face pain, and dull headaches could be signs of bruxism.
– Indentations on your tongue or damage to your inner cheek tissue caused by your teeth could be signs of bruxism.
– A locked jaw that cannot open or close completely could be a sign of bruxism.
Oak Dental Associates has a highly-qualified staff to help you fight bruxism. If you would like an appointment with Drs. Pallotto and Osmolinski to discuss treatment options, please contact a member of our team at 708.422.1900. Our office is located in Oak Lawn, Illinois. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!